Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Too good to be true

It seemed wrong. Light, flaky, buttery crust stuffed with bright and juicy peaches. I was eating pie. And it wasn't wrong...it was so, so right.

It worked even better than I had hoped. The rest of my empanada dough made perfect little peach pie pockets. I used a traditional peach pie filling (peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, lemon juice and a tablespoon or so of the Gluten Free Pantry French bread mix). I brushed each pie with beaten egg yolk and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar.

Baked to golden brown with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream...I'm still thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. I bought some peaches in Illinois while we were there last weekend. Very disappointed in them (not very sweet); too early i guess. So glad your peach pie turned out!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lana, it was a dream. I almost forgot why I love pie so much. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete