Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dentist, WalMart...and pie

After a long afternoon at the dentist (a filling for me and some sealant for dear daughter) and a big shop at WalMart with same daughter, I was ready for some good grub. If you know my dd, you can imagine what an afternoon at the dentist and WalMart might entail. I was bushed.

So...I went to my little can of chipotles that keeps on giving. This time I tried the chipotle burger (http://glutenfreecauseihavetobe.blogspot.com/2011/06/double-duty-chipotle.html) using ground turkey instead of ground beef. Not quite as sumptuous, but still very tasty. I made a fresh mango salsa (mango, jalapeno, green onion, lime juice, salt and pepper) to go with it--so refreshing with the spicy burger. Yum!

I didn't completely forget my earlier dental/shopping ordeal until I dug into the last piece of peach pie with a big scoop of vanilla. I felt a little guilty that I didn't let my daughter have it until I remembered how she acted at the store. I'm sad to see my beautiful pies go but anxious to try the lemon square recipe I saw on Food Network the other day. It wasn't gluten free, of course, but I plan to adapt it. If it works, I'll post it tomorrow.

Oh the joy of being in a hurry to finish one dessert so you can make another.

No comments:

Post a Comment