Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Double Duty Chipotle

We don't usually have burgers twice in one week, not that I'm against it. However, when I saw that ground chuck was $2.99 a pound at The Fresh Market, how could I resist the lure of having my beef wrapped up in brown paper? I've been doing P90X for four weeks now--I deserve a little red meat.

So then it came to what to make with said beef. I had some leftover chipotle in adobo from the cashew chicken I made last week http://www.glutenfreecauseihavetobe.blogspot.com/2011/06/rachael-rays-park-city-cashew-chicken.html so I googled "chipotle burgers" and out came Rachael Ray once again (Queen of Burgers). She did not disappoint. I just finished mine and could have had another--I held back so I can have one tomorrow!

Chipotle Burger
(derived from Rachael Ray's "Texas Hold-Ums Mini Chipotle Beef Burgers")

1 pound ground chuck or ground sirloin
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 small onion, grated
1 chipotle in adobo + 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
Drizzle of olive oil
Slices of cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce (whatever you like on a burger!)

1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Drizzle meat mixture with olive oil and form into four patties.
2. Grill on outdoor grill or grill pan.

I had mine on two toasted slices of Ener-G Light Tapioca bread. I didn't miss the bun! After my husband tasted it, he said, "Wow, beef!" He loved it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment